SERVICES FOR ADULT WORKERS
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Adult program provides services to assist low-income adults in obtaining employment. Many career services are open to ALL career seekers free of charge. Eligible adults who are unable to find employment through entry-level career services may also qualify for additional training and support.
Are You Eligible?
To determine your eligibility, contact or visit a Career Center near you.
What training and support services are available for eligible adult workers?
- Case management
- Counseling and career planning
- Development of individual employment plan
- Internships/work experiences
- Job readiness activities (interviewing skills, resume development, etc.)
- Adult education/GED
- Out of the area job search
- Occupational skills training
- Skills upgrading
- On-the-job training
- Child care
- Work-related attire
- Transportation assistance
- Other services based on funding